JIRA configuration tool not detecting Java in Linux

David Kruetzkamp July 11, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Running JIRA applications over SSL or HTTPS

********** Wrong JVM version! You are running with .. but JIRA requires at least 1.8 to run. **********

JIRA configuration tool not detecting Java in Linux, 

Java - version is showing the required version installed.

my JIRA version is JIRA v7.1.9

i saw a smiler issue in windows version some one asked that earlier in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-59656

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2016

I'm assuming you have access to server, are familiar with Linux/Bash, and have access to the User ID that is running JIRA.  Login to the server with the JIRA user ID and verify that the JAVA_HOME and the JRE_HOME environment variables are set.  If not, you can set them in either the .bash_aliases file for the JIRA user.  Another method that can be used is to declare the two environment variables in either the catalina.sh file, or the start-jira.sh.  Just make sure that you set the JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME variables in the first lines of the script (e.g. in start-jira.sh, put the declarations on the next line after #!/bin/bash.  In catalina.sh, declare on the first lines after all of the variable definitions).

Adrian Sosa November 9, 2018

nnn

Suggest an answer