JIRA cloud - How to make 'team' field required ?

Harshal Rathee May 6, 2024

Hi, 

Currently in JIRA cloud this field ' team' is not mandatory/required and not filling it leads to loosing the track of the issue type as we have different teams and their backlog is filtered based on the field 'Team'.

Is there a way to make it required ? As a workaround i thought of using automation to send the reminders to the reporter to fill out this field. But in automation also this field does not appear. 

Is there a way to handle this issue ? 

Thanks

Harshal

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Floating electron
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2024

I've verified that the Team field is available in the Field Required Validator, which can be added to the Create issue transition. Could you confirm if you're using a company-managed or team-managed project?

Harshal Rathee May 8, 2024

Hello @floatrx  thanks for the response. Its a company managed project.

Floating electron
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2024

Hi @Harshal Rathee 

Did you successfully add the validator to the transitions?

Cheers

Harshal Rathee May 15, 2024

I tried but was not able to find the validator to apply to the transitions. Can you please share with me the steps to do that. 

Thanks 

Floating electron
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2024

Follow the steps:

1. Identify the Workflow:
    • Go to your Jira project's settings > 'Workflows'.
    • Find the workflow associated with the issue type where you want to enforce field to be mandatory.
    • If you see the new editor, switch to the old editor.
  2. Locate the Create Transition:
    • In diagram mode, select the Create transition arrow and click Validators in the properties panel
  3. Add a Validator:
    • Add a new validator of the type "Field Required Validator".
    • Select the "Team" field (type in "Team").
  4. Save and Publish:
    • Save your changes to the validator.
    • Publish the updated workflow.

I hope it helps

Cheers

Harshal Rathee May 23, 2024

Thanks a lot for these steps. 

Like Floating electron likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN