JIRA cases Created and resolved or done by users ( in a team) in any given month or week

Jyotiranjan Rout January 6, 2022

I found a question here On StackOverflow however, looks like not answered the way I wanted.

How to get  the number of tickets assigned to each team members and how much they resolved in any given month( lets say, from 1st Dec 2021 to 1st Dec 2021)? Need a dashboard which clearly displays Team member name with howmany tickets assigned and howmany resolved?

Please note, In a project team of 100 members I need to know about 10 team members only.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

I would leverage the 2-dimensional gadget for this on a dashboard. Use the Assignee as the y-axis and status as x-axis. Build your associated filter to meet your needs, for example…

project = xxx and created >= startofmonth() or resolutiondate >= start of month

You will want to modify to derive the results you want.

what is the name of 2D gadget name? Also, Instade of Project name; how can I track the activities of few members in my team ( that is Subset of a larger Set). Any step by Step guide please?

Why The JQL ia not accepting multple assignee like 

project = xxx and assignee = yyy and assignee = zzz and resolved > "2021/12/01" and  resolved < "2021/12/31"

Any idea?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

The 2 dimensional gadget is called  "two dimensional filter statistics"

It has a number of parameters, the main ones being the filter to summarise, and the two axes.  The axes can be any field that has a list of options - select lists, radio buttons, multi-select, reporter, assignee, project, components, labels and so on.

Your query does not make sense though, it's never going to return anything.  The clauses "assignee = yyy" and "assignee = zzz" joined together with an "and" mean the search won't find anything.  Assignee is a single value, if it is yyy, then, by definition , it can't be zzz.  So yyy and zzz can never be true.

I think you probably want 

project = xxx and (assignee = yyy OR assignee = zzz) and resolved > "2021/12/01" and  resolved < "2021/12/31"

Or, slightly neater:

project = xxx and assignee in(yyy, zzz) and resolved > "2021/12/01" and  resolved < "2021/12/31"

Those two will list all XXX issues resolved between your two dates, and assigned to either yyy or zzz.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

thanks for chiming in here Nic! it continues to be a busy day for me so getting back to posts is challenging. 

Suggest an answer