JIRA as a CMDB

jan April 18, 2018

hello

My company need a simple CMDB. I see that jira has an addon to this, but I dont know jira products so my questions are:

1) to install CMDB addon I need first to have Jira Core or Jira Software or some other product installed and configured?

2) how about pricing? For one CMDB user I will have to pay for Jira Core license/Jira Sortware license + Jira CMDB license?

thanks in advance for any help

1 answer

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

Hello,

I am not sure, which CMDB plugin you found. There are a couple of them. But usually:

1. You need first to have Jira Core, Jira Software or Jira Service Desk installed and configured.

2. Yes, you would need to pay Jira Core/ Jira Software/Jira Service Desk license + Jira CMDB plugin license.

jan April 18, 2018

thanks

Do You know wchich of Jira Core/ Jira Software/Jira Service Desk is the simplest?

We just need CMDB functionality

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

Jira Core is the seimplest one. Jira Software and Jira Service Desk works on Jira Core.

Aidy Love
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 18, 2018

Hi @jan

Adrian from Spartez here. 

If you're in need of a simple and flexible CMDB that integrates with Jira Software / Service Desk, then perhaps our own app - Asset Tracker for Jira may fit your requirements. 
It's currently a Free app, so you can give it a trial with no risk or fuss. 

If you're interested in exploring more before you try Asset tracker, feel free to schedule a 30min demo from my schedule here.

Cheers, 
Adrian

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user December 25, 2018

- -||| It's not free anymore?

Suggest an answer