JIRA Wallboards and Remembered Login

Matthew Hillier November 13, 2012

I'm building a small wallboard machine for my team. I've got the wallboards configured and have set the machine up so that it boots straight into a Chrome kiosk, however the page never authenticates and so i'm left with errored and blank wallboards.

JIRA is obviously storing my credentials and previous session information as when i go directly to my normal JIRA URL everything opens up fine, and by the looks of it this also validates and opens my session so that if I refresh the wallboard tab it then works properly.

Is there an issue with the wallboard URL that means a web-browser will not re-create my session?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew Hillier December 2, 2012

A little bit around the houses, but in order to solve this I've told Chrome to open both the wallboard URL and a standard JIRA page. The standard JIRA page logs me straight in so I only have to refresh the wallboard tab. Could be done with a simple blank html page and a delayed http redirect....

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Since last release of the Login screen, you can see that after the logoof, all your cookies will be cleared, even if you check "Remember Me" option. You'll need to use some kind of password manager to store your credential.

Lucas Lima

Atlassian Support

Matthew Hillier November 15, 2012

I have not "logged off" though? I have simply closed the brower, which for the main JIRA dashboard will re-open to my previous page with my session restored, but for the wallboard URL this will not restore the session and requires me to open my JIRA dashboard first (to restore the session) and then refresh the wallboard.

Suggest an answer