JIRA Time Tracking setting

Jiannan Tang January 12, 2013

hi:

If I set an task due date an start date, can the Time Tracking auto setting the Estimated date?

eg:

I set an task start date :2013-1-1

and the due date:2013-1-5

so the Estimated date is :5d

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2013

No, you have to do it using a post functions mostly using Script Runner plugin. JIRA does not have a builtin feature to this.

Jiannan Tang January 12, 2013
Hi Renjith: I am evaluting the JIRA, and I don't have much experience of develop JIRA. Have the example of post functions for me reference. Thanks.
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2013
Something similar. Haven't tested it. Copied the code from a couple of posts. import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue import java.sql.Timestamp MutableIssue mutableIssue = (MutableIssue)(ComponentManager.instance.getIssueManager().getIssueObject(issue.getKey())); def diff = new Timestamp(issue.getDueDate().getTime() - issue.getCreated().getTime()).getTime() def days = (int)(diff/ (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24)); mutableIssue.setOriginalEstimate(days * 8 * 3600);

Suggest an answer