JIRA Structure questions

1. I thought that a Structure reported on initiatives at the top level. From there, you can drill down to Epics, stories, tasks, etc. I am seeing issues such as defects and sub-tasks at the highest level in my structure. I've also noticed that they are not tied to an epic. Why do they appear at the top level of the structure?
  2. I have also noticed that duplicates cannot be removed. They can be closed but still appear.

1 answer

Hi Camille,

1. Structure doesn't restrict how you organize hierarchies of issues, so the issues in a structure appear wherever you (or other users, or Synchronizers) put them.

Unless you can synchronize with existing externally-defined relationships (e.g. using the Agile or Links Synchronizers), you'll have to define relationships between issues manually at some point.

Could you tell me:
    1. How are you populating your structure with issues?
    2. Where is the Initiative-Epic relationship defined? 

2. Could you describe in more detail your issue with duplicates - what are they, how are they misbehaving?

Cheers,

Robert

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,864 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot