JIRA/Stash application link issues

Christopher Watson June 1, 2014

Suddenly, a strange problem with my JIRA/Stash application linking has reared its ugly head. I'm running JIRA 6.2.5 and Stash 3.0.1 on Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS. The links have been established through the wizard with no errors. But when I attempt to set up Incoming and Outgoing Authentications to Stash within JIRA, both the Trusted Applications and OAuth credentials will seem to work, and things appear configured at first, but when I close that configuration window and re-open it, or click away from the Incoming and Outgoing Authentications screen, and then come back to them, the credientials are gone, and I get the "Log in to application...to configure this authentication" screen again. My authentication is just not sticking. I think this probably also has something to do with the fact that my JIRA issues no longer include the "Create branch" link in them. I had this all working at one time. It was a beautiful thing! What on Earth could I have done to foul this up?

Also, if it is of any help, I also seem to have lost several of the icons within the JIRA UI. For example, the icons that normally appear next to the "Edit", "Share", and "Export" buttons are now gone. But other buttons show their icons. And that seems awfully odd to me, given that all of these icon image files reside within the same directory within the JIRA application. How could this be a permissions problem, if some icons are showing, and others held within the same application directory are not? Somebody please tell me what I should be checking in order to get these strange problems sorted.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher Watson June 4, 2014

This was resolved. The root cause was the fact that Chrome does some serious overcaching in particular iframe constructs, and the fact that we had both JIRA and Stash running under the same exact host name caused some bad session/cookie crosstalk. Once we added new unique host names to our DNS, and started addressing each instance only as such, everything worked perfectly cleanly.

Suggest an answer