JIRA Startup Failed / Unable to Clean Cache Directory

Jon Chamberlin October 17, 2016

I'm getting above error message.  What's worse is I was supposed to demo this software to the men with the check books in about 5 minutes.  It was working Friday before I left.  The tech guy says nothing has changed on the software side of things.  Any help would be much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

That's a hard one, but the most common culprit is that you started JIRA as one user (often root), then it stopped, and when restarted, was started with a different user who doesn't have access to the files any more because the old user took ownership of them.  There's also the possibility of disk space issues, or even disk failure.

You'll need to stop JIRA, investigate in detail (check ownership and permissions of files, read the logs etc), fix it and restart

Jon Chamberlin October 17, 2016

No idea how to check for any of those things.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

Ok, you need your system guys to look at them on the server.

Suggest an answer