JIRA Software 7.0 incoming mail handler weird errors

Mattias Fliesberg November 17, 2015

We're getting "Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a JIRA application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]" from the mail handler. We upgraded to JIRA Software 7 last week and I guess it started failing then but some mails seem to go through.

Was there a change with JIRA 7 so users not in the jira-users group can't create issues through mail anymore and why don't they just get the default reporter in that case?

4 answers

0 votes
Mattias Fliesberg November 23, 2015

That sucks and there doesn't seem to be any way to only sync users from a certain LDAP group so I'm stuck with all our users either way... Thanks for giving me another reason to stop using JIRA, eugh.

0 votes
ksyai November 19, 2015

guys, I've written to the Atlassian support and here is the info they provided: "There was a change to the way Default Reporters for mail handlers work. They must now have Application Access to JIRA in order for them to have the permissions to create tickets via e-mail. The changes are best mentioned and outlined in Dave Meyer's post on this Atlassian Answers post (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31663613/answers/31663621?flashId=964680071). This provides the best explanation as to the changes regarding this. [Farther goes the info regarding my particular case] " Maybe it'd help you somehow. Though my case isn't resolved still and this answer didn't work for me. I'll let you know the final result.

0 votes
Mattias Fliesberg November 19, 2015

I've worked around it by temporarily adding the reporters' accounts to the jira-users group then waiting for the mail handler to kick in, then rinse and repeat... but that's obviously not a feasible solution.

0 votes
ksyai November 18, 2015

I have the same problem and I feel like I've tried all the settings/permissions/solutions I could ever imagine or google.

Suggest an answer