[JIRA] Remove issue after transition

Geoffroy Rabine January 10, 2018

Hello all,

I want to remove isue after a unique transition. I see in the post function configuration but no option existing here.

For your information, Spam sent to our mailbox create issue and we want to remove these with a simple transition, my users have delete rights on this project.

Do you know a JQL script permit this ?

Have you an idea about this case ?

Thanks for your help,

Geoffroy

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

Are you using the default Jira mail handler to create new issues via email? You might be better off creating some sort of rule in the mailbox to prevent that spam from making it into that email's inbox, which would prevent the issue being created in Jira in the first place.

Also, you shouldn't need a separate transition just to delete an issue. If a user has delete permissions on a project, there are a couple options available:

• Open the issue, go to More > Delete.
  • If you want to delete in bulk from the issue navigator, go to Tools in the upper-right corner and choose the option to bulk change the issues in the current result. There should be an option to delete when going through the steps for bulk changes.
0 votes
Geoffroy Rabine January 10, 2018

Thanks for your response,

I did a mistake on my last comment, jira users don't have permission to delete issue. With transition, we want to give a friendly usage to remove issue without give permission to delete issue.

About the rules for spam, we already have configuration about this.

It is possible or do you must use "delete" feature.

Geoffroy

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

Even if this is possible using a script post-function, I wouldn't give anyone the ability to delete if you don't want them to have permission to do that in first place. Personally, I'd stick with the Delete feature just for auditing purposes.

Regardless, I've not done this before, but this post might help you in the right direction.

Geoffroy Rabine January 11, 2018

Thanks again for your help,

I will see this post and I will give you a feedback.

Geoffroy Rabine January 24, 2018

Hello all,

I don't understand this script and many functions used doesn't exist on the version 7.6.

Have you another idea about this case ?

Thanks for your reply,

Regards

Suggest an answer