JIRA Plan - Group by Component not working

Ronny Katzenberger May 7, 2024

I have JIRA issues with components and tried to add a grouping by component in JIRA Plan.
However, all issues are being grouped in "All other issues". I found some instructions which suggested to manually "Create Group" and then start typing the component's name and it would be suggested. Not only would that be a terrible way to do this, because it's manual and not automatically using the component data already available, it also doesn't work.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

Hello @Ronny Katzenberger 

While I agree that it would be nice if the grouping by Components automatically used the defined Components values, I want to point out that you can actually make it work. The instructions are not very clear, unfortunately.

So, first you have to create a "Component" group. You can give the group any name you want. It doesn't have to match the Component values you used in your project.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 2.31.52 PM.png

After saving the group name, you can then select the specific Component values to include in that group. And you can include more than one Component value in the group.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 2.33.29 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events