JIRA Pie Chart showing status 2 times Eg. Done: 54 and Done: 29

Florus Blankespoor May 17, 2019

I've created a Pie Chart to report on multiple Next-Gen projects with category EU-ECom. 

In the Pie-Chart I'm seeing 2 times every status (or even more).

Eg.

Total Issues: 192

54Done
29Done
25Backlog
17In Progress
13To Do
12To do
11In Progress
9Test
9To Do
3Selected for Development
10Other...

However when I use JQL:

category = EU-ECom AND status = Done ORDER BY lastViewed DESC

I'm getting a total of results.

How can I make sure that all "To Do" or "Done" status topics are combined in my Pie Chart?

KR Florus

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florus Blankespoor June 3, 2019

Atlassian team any idea if this bug will be picked up soon?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2019

did you report this to Atlassian Support and did they open a bug for it?

Florus Blankespoor June 3, 2019

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the tip.

Just created an support topic.

KR Florus

Jeff Sieck August 3, 2020

can you supply a link to the support topic so I can add myself? Thanks

2 votes
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

Hi @Florus Blankespoor ,

I also noticed this bug in Next Gen projects and created a solution in our Cloud app Custom Charts for Jira.

Here's a short Youtube video of me explaining the problems and solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPeYMSE_joE

This app allows you to create custom pie charts that are a big improvement on the default Jira charts. You can select colors to keep them consistent (so Done is green, not blue...) and also change the order so it's more helpful for visualizing statuses.

The most useful feature for your request is that we do string matching on values, so all "Done" or "To Do" statuses are automatically grouped together in our app, which will hopefully resolve your issue!

Custom Charts for Jira App.png

We've also just added a new feature for Next Gen projects that allows you to merge all custom fields with the same name into a single pie chart. This is very useful if you have created lots of fields with the same name in multiple Next Gen projects and want to see a combined report.

Match All Fields.png

There's also a companion app to create the exact same charts in Confluence :)

I hope that helps with your issue!

Tom
Custom Charts Product Manager

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2019

Why don’t you attempt to prove/disprove your theory by excluding NG or Classic within your filter.

Florus Blankespoor May 20, 2019

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just tried to prove this. 

With a JQL with only classic projects the results are good.

With a JQL with only NG projects I've got multiple results for the 'To do' status (To do, To Do, To Do, To Do). 

Can this be solved? 

We want to use this dash board for an overall team overview. To see how many tasks are on a certain status. 

Suggest an answer