JIRA Pass Values to Issue Collectors

RobertH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2017

I'm using the JIRA toolkit plugin to include customfields, that have issue collectors within them.  I use the issue key and summary of the issue that you're viewing to link the issues and to prepopulate the summary of the issue being created via the issue collector.  

I've run into a problem that when you search for issues, then click on one, neither the key or summary are being populated; however, if I refresh the page, the issue key and summary are populated.  I've tried the following:

<script>
var key = AJS.$("#key-val").text();
var smry = AJS.$("#summary-val").text();
</script>

I've tried using the getMeta one as well, but the same problem applies.  I've put the above in the banner of the page hoping that would load it up but that doesn't help either.  

If you hit the Issue page directly, you can get the values.  If you come in from search, you can't.  

Code looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://jira.cool.com/s/7b1d48e5a4bf9676ea0ff3658b54a4bc-T/en_USmkuci8/71010/4c9339008042d3c77aa255f56856528f/2.0.14/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?locale=en-US&collectorId=68d49fe7"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://jira.cool.com/s/7b1d48e5a4bf9676ea0ff3658b54a4bc-T/en_USmkuci8/71010/4c9339008042d3c77aa255f56856528f/2.0.14/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?locale=en-US&collectorId=0dddf2e5"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://jira.cool.com/s/7b1d48e5a4bf9676ea0ff3658b54a4bc-T/en_USmkuci8/71010/4c9339008042d3c77aa255f56856528f/2.0.14/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?locale=en-US&collectorId=cebf2eea"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://jira.cool.com/s/7b1d48e5a4bf9676ea0ff3658b54a4bc-T/en_USmkuci8/71010/4c9339008042d3c77aa255f56856528f/2.0.14/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?locale=en-US&collectorId=cd59e731"></script>
<script>
var key = AJS.$("#key-val").text();
var smry = AJS.$("#summary-val").text();
window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS = $.extend(window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS, {
'68d49fe7' : {
triggerFunction: function( showCollectorDialog ) {
$('#xb').click( function(e) {
e.preventDefault();
showCollectorDialog();
});
},
fieldValues: {