JIRA Multi-Select Custom Field Editing Issues

Hamdy Atakora January 19, 2020

Hello All,

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a multi select custom field that is not allowing me to edit. In Pic-1 (see attached) is my custom field on the view screen of the issues. In Pic-2 (see attached) is what i get when i click on the field to edit inline. Pic-3 (see attached) is what i get when i actually bring up the Edit Screen/Form.

I have a behavior set on that custom field but that should be causing this (at least i think)

I have tried adding the following to the initialiser and in the code block in the behaviour but no change

def cField = getFieldById("Patch Category")
cField.setAllowInlineEdit(true)

This is happening all over all my issues. Please assist. 

Pic-3.pngPic-2.pngPic-1.png

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Wilson January 21, 2020

Pic-2 appears to be cut off?  From what is available, the checkmark & 'x' do appear to the far right of the field, which indicates you are in inline edit mode.  Can you provide another Pic-2 or describe what you are seeing when you should be in inline edit mode?

Hamdy Atakora January 21, 2020

@Susan Wilson  that is pic two. It is not cut off. That is exactly what it looks like. It goes blank but you can see the 'X' at the end of the field

When it goes blank, is there any room to try to manually type an entry?  Have you tried to remove the behaviour to see if the problem resolves?

Hamdy Atakora January 21, 2020

Yes. I have tried removing the behaviour. Same error. When it goes blank, there  is no room to try to manually type an entry.

From what I've been reading, once a Behaviour is added, inline editing is turned off for that field, even though the Behaviour you added is trying to turn inline editing on.  If all other fields expecting inline edit are working fine, perhaps remove the Behaviour and re-index JIRA or simply clear cache to avoid any residual effects and see if the field is editable in view mode again.

Suggest an answer