JIRA - Mouse Cursor In Filters - All Browsers

Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2018

We recently just upgraded our JIRA Server instance to 7.6.1. After that update we noticed that in the filters we are now seeing our mouse cursor change to the four arrows cursor (image shows the cursor). Is this something that can be changed? Some of our users copy and paste ticket names from JIRA into other things and this cursor prevents them from doing so. Not sure if this is something forced by JIRA or an outside source but it is happening in all browsers to all users.mousecursor.png

2 answers

0 votes
Karanpreet Kaur April 12, 2018

There is a Bug reported for this issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66473. Please vote as much as possible. 

Solution 1: This can be disabled by using a dark feature in Jira, however, considering the potential effect it has on sub-tasks drag and drop in Stories/Bugs/Tasks etc., we didn't go by this method. Please test it before implementing, and if not needed as high priority, wait for Atlassian to resolve it.

1. Login to Jira as an administrator
  2. Navigate to $JIRAbaseURL/secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa
  3. Enable Dark Feature > Add com.atlassian.jira.issuetable.draggable.disabled

These details are provided in the Jira bug itself.

Solution 2: You can also use your Saved Filters in Jira Dashboards using Filter Results Gadget. You will not see the drag n drop problem there. Looks like this bug didnt propagate to Dashboard gadgets. :)

Thanks,
Karan

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2018

Thank you! I voted for the issue you mentioned. Since its not missions critical we will wait for Atlassian to resolve it. Solution 2 is a great workaround in the time being. Thank you for your guidance!

0 votes
Jeff Curry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2018

Don't have this in a default install of 7.6.1 so would guess a prior customization using javascript is causing this

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2018

Interesting. I just inherited this company's JIRA, was not aware of any customization's made in the files but I will look and see if I can find something. Any idea where this javascript would reside?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2018

Field descriptions and the announcement banner are the usual place for javascript injection.

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2018

Sounds good I will continue to search for somewhere this could have been placed. Appreciate all the help.

Suggest an answer