It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA-Migrating-from-Server-to-Cloud Licence Migration

Hi Team 

I am moving from our current situation of JIRA server to JIRA Cloud. Is there an easy way to migrate the data over or is this all a manual effort or Jira Cloud Migration Assistant ? 

Suppose if we have 25 users in JIRA server do I can use the same license in JIRA Cloud ? because we have valid license till 2020

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Oct 25, 2019

Hi @Nuwan Vithanage , there are a lot of existing threads on this so I encourage you to explore them as they will have details on experiences. If you look to the right here under "Related Community content" you will see quite a few but there are more and you can use the Search bar to find them.

Here is a document resource that might be worth consulting - jira-server-to-cloud-migration-resources 

Hi Jack ,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply and advice you have given to me my concern is If I have JIRA server license available with me if there any possibility to use the existing JIRA server license in JIRA Cloud ? 

Thank you,

Nuwan

Jack Community Leader Oct 31, 2019

The licenses are quite different. You can reach out to Atlassian to see if any credit could be applied. I have no idea if that is possible.

Hello @Nuwan Vithanage 

Would you be interested in participating in a beta program and answering some questions about how you use Jira? Elements is currently working on a Cloud version of our most popular server app Elements Connect (formerly nFeed) to meet the needs of companies migrating from server to Cloud, and we are recruiting beta users.

You can sign up here.

Thanks,

Laura

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

375 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you