JIRA Memory management

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2018

Hi All,

We are running JIRA 5.1.6 planning to upgrade soon. Here are the memory stats for our instance.

Allocated memory 2 gb min and 4 gb max.

Any suggestion or best practice for memory management.

jira stats.JPG

JIRA memory.JPG

TIA!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2018

@Ash

How many users do you have?

Best,

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2018

@Fadoua Thanks for your reply.

We have 500 active users.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2018

@Ash

Please click here and let me know if this is helpful.

If not I can try to find another Atlassian document.

Best,

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2018

@Fadoua thank you for the KB. 

We don't have any performance issues but I'm curious about why the memory graph, CodeCache, PS Eden space, PS Old Gen is full.

Is it going to affect anything?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2018

@AshPlease click on Force Garbage Collection.

Graphs displaying all in Red will trigger issues with the performance of JIRA if not make adding add-ons impossible and throwing errors on the UI.

Best,

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2018

@Fadoua Our application crashed today morning :-(

Updated max memory from 4 GB to 5 GB in setenv.sh file.

Will monitor the stats for few days and fine tune it.

These are our present stats.

jira_memory2.JPG

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2018

@Ashdid you force the garbage collection?

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2018

@Fadoua No.

Do you want me to do it now?

jira_memory3.JPG

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2018

@Ash  I see you did it. Also the link I sent you last time will help you to configure your system requirements based on the number of users you have.

Best,

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2018

@Fadoua Thank you for your guidance.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2018

My pleasure anytime :) @Ash

Happy Thanksgiving!

Suggest an answer