JIRA JQL: assignee was xxx during (date1, date2) returns incorrect results

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2014

I am using JIRA 4.4.5. I am trying use JQL to find issues that was assigned to a user: xxxx during a specific period of time.

I have this JQL:

assignee was xxxx DURING ("2014/01/01", "2014/01/31")

First question:

The result set includes closed issues from 2013, I double checked and opened up those issues from 2013 and they have no change history in 2014 at all. Anyone expereinced the same thing? What could be wrong? Is it a bug?

Second question:

Will the JQL above returns issues assigned to xxxx on 2013/12/01 and are still assign to xxxx today (no assignee change between those dates)?
I am aware of JQL's CHANGED TO, but doing 'assignee changed to xxxx DURING ("2014/01/01", "2014/01/31")' won't be right becuase I also want to include issues assigned to xxxx on 2013/12/01 and are still assign to xxxx today.

Thanks in advance.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

AND assignee was not xxxx before "2014/01/01" AND assignee was xxxx before "2014/02/01"

That JQL gives me the correct answer.

0 votes
Ruman May 24, 2018

I want to see tickets that were assigned to a resource today or =>StartOfDay(), how can I see that?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2018

assignee changed to xxx after startOfDay()

Like Petrenko Bogdan likes this
Ruman May 24, 2018

I used the below JQL (thanks to @Udo Brand):

category in (Retainer, "Support and Maintenance") and assignee changed TO (sandhya, vijay, swanand, Nikhil, asad, jahanzeb) after startOfDay() and status not in (Resolved, Completed, Closed, Done) order by created ASC

The result is that one of my overseas teams can see their workload and tickets newly assigned to them no matter what status they are in except Resolved, Completed, Closed or Done.

Jira Dashboard.PNG 

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

hmm, I guess you query will return all issues where xxx was assignee in that period. So your issues closed in 2013 had still an assignee xxx in 2014, correct? So that is no bug.

To your second question (issues assigned to xxxx on 2013/12/01 and are still assigned to xxxx today (no assignee change between those dates))

assignee changed to xxx on "2013/12/01" and not assignee changed after "2013/12/02"

That should give what you need,or?

0 votes
Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Still no taker?

0 votes
Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2014

Hmmm... no taker?

Suggest an answer