JIRA Incoming Email - Prevent creating duplicated issue if not the same reporter

ZIT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 9, 2019

Hi,

I am using Default Cloud Mail Server @ Jira Cloud.

Sending new Email to my support@jiraxxxx creates a new issue. Sending further emails (appended the created issue JIRA ID on the email subject) will add comments to the same issue, this is all fine and expected. 

However - if I send with another email account - even with JIRA ID appended on the subject to support@jira, a NEW JIRA ticket is created. This is not desired.

Is there anyway to configure JIRA to enforce incoming emails to attach as comments as long as the email subject as JIRA ID located ? regardless of different sender's address ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2019

Hello,

Do you provide Jira Id or Jira key? It should be Jira key in the subject.

ZIT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2019

Thanks for your reply Alexey - yes I meant Jira Key, so if my ticket created is SUPP-1324,  then I send a new email with appended SUPP-1324 on the subject ..

If the sender email is a new one, then new ticket is created.

If the sender email is the initial reporter of SUPP-1324, then it works fine - the email is added as a comment.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2019

That is strange. It should work as you expect.

Suggest an answer