JIRA-How to reorder validators

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2017

I have a workflow in JIRA with 20+ validators, but there are essentially 2 groups of them. As I add new validators, they are put at the end of the list.

Is there any way to reorder validators, as you can do with postfuntions, so I can keep these 2 groups together? This would help to read and maintain the workflow.

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2022

From a technical point of view validators does not check things in a specific order. Those are just executed when the condition is met. If you need this only to have sorted view you can always remove and add them again in a specific order. It is painful I know.. Especially when having 20+ validators, but at least is working. 

Here is a related ticket to that

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-72502

Maybe there is also a plugin that helps with that also but unfortunately I am not aware of it.

Suggest an answer