JIRA. How to add value to another field?

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2022

Hi!

I need to copy User name to Summary. For example

Summary - "Create VM for me - <space for copy value"

Assigne - John Snow (need to copy to Summary)

How can I do it? Is it possible without SIL or Script Runner? 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Hi @Tony Montana 

This can be done with automation:

• TRIGGER: Issue Assigned
  • ACTION: Edit Issue (select Summary field) and copy/paste the following:
    • {{issue.summary}} {{issue.assignee.displayName}}
Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2022

Hi @Mark Segall ! Thanx for the answer. Is it for Automation Plugin or Included Automation in JIRA SD? Or is it for any automation? 

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Yes the free automation plug-in provided by Atlassian

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2022

@Mark Segall Thx. I will check it and come back later.

Like Mark Segall likes this
Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2022

@Mark Segall Sorry. One question. And if I need copy is not  assignee, but custom field? For example: Contact Person Text Field (single line). Where can I find a list of similar values like as {{issue.assignee.displayName}} ?

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2022
Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2022

@Mark Segall {{issue.assignee.displayName}} doesn't work, maybe 'cause it is for Cloud version :(

UPD. Sorry, it works

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer