JIRA Google Sheet Integration Flow

Gaurav Mehta December 6, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to sort this flow. On a Google Sheet, I want to get the following information from 3 of my JIRA boards. 

From the active sprints from 3 JIRA boards, I want the below fields

1. Summary
  2. Issue Key
  3. Issue Type
  4. Priority
  5. Assignee
  6. Status

to be pulled into Google Sheet. Also, I want to ensure if a JIRA is closed, the status is updated in the Google Sheet.

Is such an automation possible. Please help as it would help me streamline my Project Management.

Thanks,

Gaurav

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Hi there, if you are using Jira Cloud (so not Jira Server, the hosted version of Jira), you can use the Jira for Google Sheets add-on: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Try-the-new-Jira-Cloud-add-on-for-Google-Sheets/ba-p/1016436

We hope that helps!

0 votes
1058914517 November 29, 2021

请问如何才能试用Jira Product Discovery,我已经迫不及待了,求回复一下

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please send me an email at tcrusson@atlassian.com ?

Thank you. 

1058914517 November 29, 2021

1058914517@qq.com

Thank you for your reply

0 votes
Lisa Curnow June 2, 2020

Hi Gaurav Mehta

Wondering about the second piece of your question. Did you find a way to have the status of the Jira ticket update?

I have been able to import my Jira board, but on testing by changing a status, I have not seen that status update reflected in the Jira sheet. 

Ideally I would like to see the google sheet in synch with Jira after my import query has been set up, so that I dont have to redownload Jira each time - as there will be sheet formatting that I dont want affected.

Olga Rusnak
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 16, 2020

hi @Lisa Curnow 

You can try installing Coupler.io add-on

- Use this guide to import data from Jira Cloud

- Use this guide to import data from Jira Server

You can set up 1 hour data refresh frequency and be sure that all your data gets automatically updated.

For any questions, please let me know!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 16, 2020

Hi @Lisa Curnow , if you're using Jira's built-in add-on then you can set it up to refresh your sheet periodically:

• Open the add-on: Add-ons > Jira Cloud for Sheets
  • Then click on "Schedule"

You can set it up to refresh daily or hourly. We hope that works for you.

Cheers,

Tanguy

0 votes
Troy Spetz December 7, 2018

Suggest an answer