JIRA Gadgets not fully displaying (cropped off)

Steven Cruz March 17, 2020

For some reason, our gadgets are just getting cropped off on our dashboards. When editing the gadget, you can fully see the intended result :Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 9.56.34 AM.png

However, after saving this result, it populates only 10% of the content:

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 9.56.26 AM.png

Not sure what's causing this issue, as I've tried to use multiple incognito browsers, fiddled around with the settings, and re-creating the dashboard to no avail. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! 

4 answers

1 vote
Santhosh Sonti April 26, 2022

Was this resolved? I created dashboard using gadgets for Zephyr test results. I see that the dashboard is always cut-off - just shows the top 15-20%. It used to work fine in Jira Cloud 2 years ago when I first used dashboards.

image.png

Even in the edit mode, it shows only 50% of gadget, I think the resize should happen for every 10 tests automatically as opposed to 5:

image.png

Ian Harris July 20, 2023

Working with Confluence cloud

..I'm also experiencing the same issue. I'm using 2 gadgets on the same page, One which allows me to display my Jira sprint timeline board. This is displayed as expected....no problem. The second gadget 'Agile Wallboard Gadget' is placed under the first on the same page. It's linked to my Kanban board however the board is displayed clipped in the frame.

Any updates or workarounds with this issue?  

1 vote
Indrawan_Nugroho April 9, 2020

I have the same problem :(

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2020

Hello there, @Steven Cruz and @Indrawan_Nugroho !

Working my way around this issue, I am able to reliably replicate the behavior. The issue we are facing is the one under the Bug Report I linked earlier.

Here, take a look:

And here you can see how it looks like on my end:

Edit Mode:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 15.03.41.png

View Mode:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 15.03.57.png

Here is an excerpt from the bug report itself:

When multiple Jira "Gadget" macros (particularly, the "Agile wallboard gadget" and the ‘Jira Issues Calendar’ macro) the gadget macros that are below will end up with a reduced viewable area without being able to scroll through to see the full rendered output.

The behavior is also present when I use the "Created vs Resolved macro", which is the macro being used above the problematic ones in the video shared with us. The behavior present in the shared video and what I was able to replicate do match the bug report.

Currently, as described in the report, there is no workaround or solution to the issue. The best course of action would be to vote and watch this bug report. Voting for it helps to increase the issue visibility and watching it will keep you up to date with everything posted there.

Let us hear from you!

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2020

Hello there, @Steven Cruz !

As I see it, the macros are not working. Content within them is displayed partially when the Confluence page is published. There is a chance that you are affected by the following issue:

However, I would like to ask a few questions so the current issue becomes clear. Here we go:

1. Is the behavior present after the placement of how many macros on the page?
  2. Is this happening to other users who access the page?
  3. Has this worked at some point in the past?
  4. Are you using multiple columns in your page layout?
  5. What macros or gadgets are affected by this behavior?

If you are using multiple columns in your page Layout, there is also a chance that you are being affected by the following bug, Steven:

Here is documentation on Page Layouts, Steven:

Let us hear from you! Looking forward to your reply.

Steven Cruz March 21, 2020

However, I would like to ask a few questions so the current issue becomes clear. Here we go:

1. Is the behavior present after the placement of how many macros on the page?
  2. Is this happening to other users who access the page?
  3. Has this worked at some point in the past?
  4. Are you using multiple columns in your page layout?
  5. What macros or gadgets are affected by this behavior?

@Diego 

1) yea, doesn't matter where i place the 2 specific gadgets, it never fully renders correctly

2) everyone is affected

3) never worked

4) all single columns

5) any recently created charts cause this issue

Steven Cruz March 23, 2020

@Diego any ideas on how to fix this?

Steven Cruz March 25, 2020

@Diego ping 

Steven Cruz March 26, 2020

@Diego ping

Diego
Atlassian Team
March 27, 2020

Hello @Steven Cruz !

I have been trying to replicate your issue but ended up in a dead-end. I could not replicate the behavior nor the macro that you are using.

When I use the Activity Stream macro in Confluence, it looks considerably different from what you see on your end.

Just to make everything crystal clear, I need to ask you Four questions:

1. Are you running Confluence on Atlassian Cloud platform?
  2. Is this happening in a Confluence Page?
  3. Is this happening on a Jira Dashboard?
  4. If this is in Confluence, how did you achieve the results shown in this Activity Stream macro?

On my side, here what an Activity Stream looks like in Confluence:

Annotation 2020-03-27 171839.jpg

Also, here is the documentation for the Activity Stream macro for both Cloud and Server:

Again, thanks for keeping the thread alive! Looking forward to your reply.

Steven Cruz March 30, 2020
  1. Are you running Confluence on Atlassian Cloud platform?
  2. Is this happening in a Confluence Page?
  3. Is this happening on a Jira Dashboard?
  4. If this is in Confluence, how did you achieve the results shown in this Activity Stream macro?

1) Yes 

2) Yes 

3) It's taken from a JIRA query

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.39.16 PM.png

4) Please take note of recently created chart as I was trying to debug with this as well. Not working still :( 

Steven Cruz April 3, 2020

@Diego again, any update?

Diego
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2020

Hello @Steven Cruz !

I have checked both the New Editor (Fabric) and the Legacy Editor (tinyMCE). In both of them, the macros display as expected. I have checked for the behavior in the following environment:

• Windows 10 version 1903
  • Firefox 74.0.1 64-bit
  • Opera  67.0.3575.115
  • Chrome Version 80.0.3987.149 64-bit

I used both proportions shown in your macros (450px and 100%). Both of them displayed correctly. When I used the 100% one, I had to decrease the display size of my page to about 40% so the whole macro would display. Here is what I saw:

While editing the page:

MacroEditMode.jpg

While viewing the page:

MacroViewMode.jpg

Out of curiosity, what browser and operating system are you currently using? I would like to try and replicate that behavior in an environment that closely resembles yours.

The last request from my side would be a screen capture of the page after being published. I would like to look at what it looks like when seeing it outside the editor.

Short version:

1. Still unable to replicate the behavior.
  2. Macro works as expected.
  3. What browser are you using when replicating the issue?
  4. What operating system are you using when replicating the issue?

Looking forward to your reply.

Steven Cruz April 6, 2020

@Diego 

I am using Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit) for Chrome

On  10.15.1 OS X Catalina

Please see below..it's still not working and it's extremely frustrating for this to be still happening:

https://share.getcloudapp.com/04uKl5yZ

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events