JIRA: Display sub-tasks by 'type' in parent issue view screen

John Major December 8, 2017

I have created a custom issue type 'Instrument' and have defined 3 sub-task types that can be created below Instrument, call them 'AAA', 'BBB', 'CCC'.

We are running on Jira Cloud.

When I create a new instrument issue, then create multiple sub-tasks below it, I would like to Instrument View page to display the sub-tasks grouped by sub-task type & ideally within the sub-task type blocks, sorted by UID.

I've searched for plugins which do this and have had no luck.  Any advice greatly welcomed- thank you.

jem

2 answers

0 votes
John Major December 9, 2017

Alexey- Issue Matrix looks like exactly what I want, though there appears to be no cloud version.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Hello,

If you are on Jira Server or Jira Data Center, have a look at the Issue Matrix add-on.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.issuematrix/server/overview

John Major December 9, 2017

Jira Cloud (is that different than Data Center?)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2017

Completely. 

Jira Cloud is one (increasingly divergent from Jira Server) Jira product run by Atlassian on their hardware for you. 

Jira Data Centre is Jira Server adapted to run on many nodes on your hardware.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events