JIRA Date & People Field Position on Screen

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2011

Is it possible to force a date or person customfield to appear under the tab area on the left of a JIRA screen instead of under the People and Dates areas on the right of the JIRA screen?

I'd like to move the fields highlighted by the red boxes in the screenshot below

to the positions shown in the manually modified screenshot highlighted in red below

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2011

Not without some coding I guess. You can extend the ViewIssue action to force it or hack the viewissue.jsp to add the interested fields!

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2011

Thanks for the reply. Would changing the editissue.jsp affect the main screen? (I've added some screenshots to clarify what I want to do).

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2011

I must have been sleeping when I wrote that! I meant ViewIssue action and viewissue.jsp. Edited the answer!

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2011

Ah heh heh, thanks for the update. I'll look into that

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2011

If extending action is an option for you, then it is pretty easy. Override the getFieldScreenRenderer method and use FieldPredicates.isCustomField() instead of FieldPredicates.isStandardViewIssueCustomField() while retrieving fieldScreenRenderer. That's it!

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2011

Thanks for the response, although that's now gone to a level I'm not familiar with. I've wrritten a few plugins so I should be able to do this, but I'm not sure I understand how to start this one.

Are you saying that this extending action would be created as a JIRA plugin?

And this plugin would intercept the screen rendering to postion my custom fields in the sections I wanted?

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2011

Yes, if you extend the JIRA action, see this, the screen will be rendered using the new action and then you can modify as you need it.

Note that the actions can be extended only once. so if you already have some other plugins doing this, add it in to the same plugins or else only one will work!

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2011

Thanks again for your help. I've struggled to create the extender and have run out of time. Plus we needed to use the fields to store non-date data so have switched to limited text fields for the moment.

Thanks again though, it's been a useful exercise for me to look at this.

0 votes
Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2011

I'd like to move the fields highlighted by the red boxes in the screenshot below

[url=http://postimage.org/image/y5d8s4as/][img]http://s3.postimage.org/y5d8s4as/Current_Date_People_Positions.jpg[/img][/url]

to the positions shown in the manually modified screenshot highlighted in red below

Suggest an answer