JIRA Data Migration From 3.13.4 To 4.3.4?

Carl Medley October 2, 2013

After reading other comments about how importing data into a newer version of Jira that was exported under an older version is not an option, I'm curious as to how people are handling this challenge? I have a situation where this simply has to occur, and the only way I could see resolving it is to install a whole separate Jira server at 3.13.4, importing my project, upgrading that instance to 4.3.4, then exporting the data back out to be imported into the production server where I need it. Is that really the only solution? I'm surprised that there isn't at least a data migration tool to help with this or some other less complex method.

Appreciate some insight...

Carl

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2013

Yes, you've pretty much got the process you need to follow. Clone the 3.13 installation with a dev system (don't get hung up on exact hardware etc, you're only interested in the data). Upgrade it to 4.3. I'd think about deleting projects you don't need to transfer at this point, just to simplify your data (your mileage may vary), then export it and you'll be able to do project import from 4.3-temp to 4.3-live.

Suggest an answer