We are occasionally seeing emails with the wrong user in the From field. For example, Sarah adds a comment to an issue. Michael gets an email to notify him that the comment was added. The From field is:
From: "Jane Doe (Jira NO-REPLY)" <jira-noreply@xxx>
But in the text of the email itself it correctly attributes the comment to Sarah.
We are seeing this in both JIRA and Confluence.
Any advice appreciated.
Turns out to have been an outlook/exchange problem. Haven't solved it there. But we submitted our logs to Atlassian and there's not source switch whatsoever in the logs. Our customers found that the attributed person was involved in an issue a few emails previous to the one that was mis-attributed. If that makes any sense.
Hi Monique, I dont think this is the same problem. My problem is more in line with what is described here than on the JRA-40192. JRA-40192 seems to be that the email is sent from the mail server instead of from the users email. The problem we are describing is about the completely wrong user being listed in the from address for notification emails.
Been seeing the exact same thing. One thing I've noticed is that it happen when receiving two notifications from JIRA at the same time. The first message will be correct, but the second will display as having been sent by the user that created the incident that resulted in a notification for the first.
Im also seeing this problem - has anyone worked it out yet?
I did some quick testing in different email clients and found this problem is only seen in Outlook. My tests in Gmail showed all the same emails that were wrong in Outlook showing the correct From person in Gmail.
Notification emails are listing the wrong person making the changes.
User A makes a change to a page, it sends out an email to User B to alert them of that change, the FROM email address incorrectly says that User C made a change to the page, but in the body of the email and the email subject it correctly shows that it was User A making the changes.
I noticed this on mobile for me, the issue was somehow the emails from Jira got associated with a different contact from my address book. The user in the from field was likely mentioned in a ticket and iOS automatically associated the name with the contact. I was able to manually edit the info in my contacts.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events