JIRA Cloud ScriptRunner - Modifying Issue - UI is not updating

Pavel Antonenko November 4, 2016

I implemented script which auto-assign task for some user by executing script by ScriptRunner for Cloud.

The problem is as script modify user by async calling REST api it's done after UI shows issue, so in UI user is not updating. After resfresh off page everything is OK.

Any suggestions for workaround? I tried to sleep post-function for some time, but unsuccessfully.

Thanks in advance for any help! Scripting JIRA is cool, luckily we can do it in Cloud also now smile 

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Mort [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2016

Hi Pavel,

All add-on interaction with JIRA in the cloud is async so often the page is loaded before updates can be applied. It is a fundamental limitation with the Connect framework on which cloud add-ons are built. We do try to give an indication that the issue has been updated with a message, and when Atlassian support it we will add a button to refresh the issue on that message.

Sleeping in a post function will have no effect because JIRA does not wait for post functions to complete.

Regards, Jon 

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2016
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2016

@Jon Mort (Adaptavist)'s overview of the problem is exactly correct. We expect to make improvements to the view issue page over the next year to address this problem. Please refer to ACJIRA-1098 for now.

Pavel Antonenko November 7, 2016

@Robert Massaioli @Dave Meyer @Jon Mort (Adaptavist)

Guys, thanks for answers!

I have seen some dialogs, for other plugins for updating visible tickets. Like 

[LEN-3823] TDS Indecision 2016-11-07 17-16-17.png
At least such dialog will help. Why Scriptrunner  doesn't show it?

Thanks,
Pavel 

Jon Mort [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2016

Hi Pavel,

I think that is ScriptRunner functionality. There are timing issues with it however so sometimes the script executes quickly and the change is not detected quickly enough. It really is a workaround until Atlassian address ACJIRA-1098.

Jon

Suggest an answer