Been scanning the forums and tried all of the fixes but still cannot see issues in our backlog. I've double checked against another project we have going and can't see any difference in the set up. This is for JIRA Cloud.
Glad to be wrong here but I think my set up is correct. Screenshot is of my column assignment:
My filter query is: project = PMO ORDER BY Rank ASC
As you can see by the screenshot, there should be 54 incomplete tasks (TODO + InProgress), I have confirmed this doing a general search for issues. When I check the Scrum board, the active sprint + backlog only yields 29 issues.
I have tried re-indexing and it doesn't seem to fix the problem.
The columns only apply to the current active sprint(s), so that might be hiding stuff. That statement is an initial instinct though - there may be other problems, but we need to work through what boards do and how they do it before going further.
Your column definitions look absolutely fine, and your query is exactly the sort of query we like - simple and very clear on what you are looking for. So I have no questions on that part of it.
The next step is to look at some basic numbers. Could you run the following searches in the issue navigator (ignore the boards for now) and tell us what numbers come out? We really just need to see the count of issues from each result, no other details.
project = PMO
project = PMO and Status = Complete
project = PMO and issuetype in standardIssueTypes()
then, repeat those three, but add "and sprint = <whatever the current sprint is>"
Hi Nic, numbers are as follows:
project = PMO - 132
project = PMO and Status = Complete - 78
project = PMO and issuetype in standardIssueTypes() = 120
project = PMO - 8
project = PMO and Status = Complete - 0
project = PMO and issuetype in standardIssueTypes() - 8
Ok, that's great, and partly answers the question.
When you are defining columns, JIRA gets numbers without looking at the sprint. So it's taking your 132 and splitting it up across the board as though all of them were in the current sprint.
The totals are correct there, as are the number in the done column (and I'd guess the other three status are right as well), which means, as you already suspected, your configuration is fine, and strongly suggests that the index is good too.
So now we have the underlying numbers, the next things to look at are the details on the boards
When you look at the working board, I expect you will see only 8 issues, scattered across the To-do and In-progress columns. Is that true?
The backlog is a little bit different and more complex, as it only shows issues that are useful in planning. It hides sub-task issues that are just noise in a planning session, so they don't clutter up the backlog.
If you could run "project = PMO and issuetypes in standardIssueTypes() and Status != Complete", I think you might get "29" from it.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs