JIRA Cloud Details

AbileshKumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2019

JIRA Database details – To extract custom reports instantly

IP/Hostname
Port
Database login
Database password

Proxy details - To import test cases in JIRA cloud using Zephyr utility

Proxy IP/hostname
Proxy port

4 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2019

Just to be clear, on Cloud

1. IP/Hostname - is your https://<your place>.atlassian.net.  This may have shifting IP addresses as Cloud is a range of servers, not one IP
  2. 443 for https access
  3. Database login - you will not get any access to the database
  4. Database password - you will not get any access to the database

Proxy details - there are no proxies on the Atlassian side

Abilesh Kumar April 30, 2019

In fact i'm trying to use Zephyr importer utility to import test case.

I'm inputting JIRA url, username & password and then click on connect, But the connection is refused.

Im using jira cloud. I have inputted zephyr API Key and URl as well. Kindly advise.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2019

If the connection is refused, then your Zephyr system has been given the wrong username and password for Jira, or is behind a server that is blocking access to <yourserver>.atlassian.net

I'm pretty sure correct credentials are passed. However getting error as "unexpected response code 401" with the dialog heading "error fetching project"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2019

A 401 means that the server has refused the connection on the grounds of incorrect credentials.

I have just missed something though - you can't use simple username and password on Jira Cloud, you need to use something a bit more complex.  I suspect your Zephyr server is falling back on username/password, which is no longer good enough - see https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/deprecation-notice-basic-auth-and-cookie-based-auth/

Like Daniel Eads likes this

I have tried inputting API token as password. But still i'm getting the same error

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2019

I'm not sure why you tried that - the problem you've got is Zephyr not connecting, I think you need to take this up with them (after checking your current Zephyr version is compatible with Cloud and hence sending the right data)

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2019

Hello @AbileshKumar 

This is the community portal.

For the cloud instance, you will not get access to DB  (thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for the correction)

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2019

Please see my answer below.

0 votes
AbileshKumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2019

Kindly provide the requested details to my mail id at the earliest possible.

Please contact @ [REDACTED]

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2019

Hello Abilesh Kumar,

For your safety, I have removed your phone number from the post. Please note that as Community is a public forum, anything you share here is public and will be indexed by search engines.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer