JIRA Cloud - Can you use the same "field" multiple times on the same screen?

SQAMonkey April 19, 2023

I need to document a list of Part Numbers and sort on them individually so I don't want to use a generic multi-line field.  Can I use a custom field "PartNo" multiple times on the same screen or do I need to create multiple fields?
ie.
PartNo1
PartNo2
PartNo3
PartNo4

TIA (Thanks In Advance)

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @SQAMonkey,

The simple answer is no, you cannot use a single field multiple times on the same screen.

As a workaround, you may want to set up a multi-select list custom fields that holds the list of available parts and lets your users select multiple options from that list.

Hope this helps! 

SQAMonkey April 20, 2023

It does, thank you.  I'm not sure of the part numbers or how many part numbers will eventually be needed so a multi-select list I can update as we go sounds like the right solution. 

I have a follow up question though if you don't mind.  Can I create filters and reports that access individual members of a the multi-select list.

ie. 

Say I want to find out how many issues were opened that includes a subset of the "part numbers" over period of time? 

Thanks again.

Suggest an answer