JIRA Cloud: Can PDF reports be generated based on a template, including charts and gadgets?

I would like to be able to automatically generate a PDF based on a template, with information from issues matching several JQLs as well as some charts and contents from some gadgets.

An ideal solution would allow to build reports much like iReport can do against a queryable database.

Are there any solutions to achive this on Cloud?
(ie: addons, workaround in Confluence, external app + external database + API calls...)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

I'm not aware of any add-ons that could do anything like that (and you won't get access to the database).  You would probably have to write something that can scrape the data you need over REST and reformat it.

Thanks, Nic! That's what I'm afraid of. I've stumbled upon Jirassimo addon, but it seems not to be a solution for what I need.

+1'ed your response, but will leave this answer open for the moment, just in case anyone knows of a solution.

The solution I'm going to bet for is using a Confluence global template.

I went too fast, assuming that Confluence variables could be used within macros. As that doesn't seem to be the case, I will accept your answer as currently being the most accurate one.

PDF View Plugin offers all the features you mentioned (a probably a lot more like supporting dashboards, Scrum boards, automations, etc.) for hosted JIRA instances.

If you are interested in the cloud version of this, vote to the public feature request, add a comment about your needs / use case and follow the updates there.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

216 views 2 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you