JIRA Cloud Bulk Import Record Limit

When performing a bulk import into my JIRA Cloud instance, I receive error "Current JIRA settings allows you to create only 250 issues via single CSV file. Please check Advanced Settings to adjust this value." Where, exactly, can I increase the record limit? I do not see this anywhere within the Administration area.

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Gabrielle,

Thanks for your feedback. I reviewed the documentation you referenced, but never found a way to increase the 250 Upload record limit. Your feedback did point me toward a suitable work around through.

I was receiving the 250 record limit error when I was importing issues from CSV by way of the Issues dropdown menu "Import Issues from CSV" option. I was not able to find a way to increase the record limit when uploading in this manner.

I followed your suggestion of pressing "G+G" and found "External System Import CSV". From there, I chose the CSV import option, and found that the 250 record limit did not apply when uploading in this manner. I was able to upload nearly 2000 records at once with no issues.

Glad to have helped! :) :) :)

I'd like to know how to fix 250 record limit error for "Import Issues from CSV".  Can anyone from Atlassian explain how to update the setting?

While this may be an old post, it is the top Google result currently.

The setting name is "jira.bulk.create.max.issues.per.import" and can be found after clicking the Advanced Settings button on the right under the General Configuration menu.

What is the impact of increasing this to more. I can see that it could be raised to over 2 billion issues at one time. Is the 250 issue import, the default? or Is it set like that for a reason? We can certainly increase that number but does it impact anything? 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

255 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you