JIRA Cloud - Add user to custom field (jira automation)

Martin Vašíček April 2, 2024

Hello, 

I have a problem with JIRA automation. 

I need to add user automatically in to Multiuser custom field (přihlížející) everytime issue is created but do not overwrite users who were already selected in Create issue. Simply add the user to the existing users in that field.

creating issue.pngJA overwrite the user.png

I have easy rule in Jira Automation.
When issue is created -> edit issue -> set up custom field (přihlížející) to Martin Soukop.

I checked the internet for advise but didnt find anything that work :/
For example this is exactly what I need but that script didnt work for me when I edit it for my custom field... - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/JIRA-Automation-Add-Current-User-to-Custom-Field/qaq-p/1478453

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2024

Hello @Martin Vašíček 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

The documentation provides an example of using advanced editing with JSON to add another user to a multiple user picker field without overwriting the values that are already there.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/advanced-field-editing-using-json/#Multi-user-picker-custom-field

If the instructions are unclear or do not appear to work correctly in your rule, you will need to provide us with screen images that show your complete rule, the details of each step, and the output that is written in the rule execution Audit Log when the rule is run.

Martin Vašíček April 2, 2024

Thanks so much this is what I was looking for! 

result.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events