• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • JIRA Cloud - 2x custom fields to pick project users are 'padlocked' for 'jira-users' but not administrator - I need them unlocked! help!

JIRA Cloud - 2x custom fields to pick project users are 'padlocked' for 'jira-users' but not administrator - I need them unlocked! help!

I have an issue screen containing all customized fields.  I have 2 particular fields 'Assigned to' and 'detected by' which should allow all users to pick fellow project users from a pick list (like 'Assignee' field does).  Unfortunately, these fields are locked with a padlock for any user other than Administrator - I need them unlocked - please help! Thank you... Kara (rhymes with Sarah)JIRA - user who gets padlocks.jpgJIRA permissions.jpg

JIRA padlocked user fields.jpg

2 answers

0 votes

Could you have a look at what type of fields these are in the list of custom fields?  And check over the configuration you have set for them in there too?

Hi Nic,  I have done so - they are user pick lists that work perfectly fine when I am logged in as an administrator, but are unavailable to all other users belonging to the jira-users group.  I need these users to access the fields too.

See additional screen shots

JIRA - field config - Detected By-Assigned To - User Picker.jpg

JIRA - custom field setting for Assigned To.jpg

JIRA - custom field setting for Detected By.jpg

Hmm. Ok, can you check who has "browse users" in your global permissions? If it's just "administrators", could you *temporarily* add a group to it to see if a user in that group can now use the fields?

Nic, you are a SUPER LEGEND! this has had me (frustratingly!) stumped for days now...and voila! you have sorted it. I cant thank you enough! my settings were defaulted to have only 'jira-developers' to browse users, rather than 'jira-users'. once I added that group to browse users, it worked. H O O R A Y Y Y Y ! Cheers, Kara

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

78 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you