JIRA Chart with total number of open bugs over time?

I am looking for a way to chart number of unresolved JIRA issues over time.

It should display something like

That's the total number of open bugs, not bugs created during the specified period of time.

This should allow us to see if the number of open-bugs is growing over time.

5 answers

Have you tried Cumulative Flow Diagram?   This report seems to do a decent job of giving # of unresolved issues over time.  It's not perfect, since it gives extra detail about the state of the issues, but when you look at the chart over time, I believe it will do what most of folks here are looking for.   It won't give you a per user graphic, however.

Make sure that when use Cumulative Flow Diagram, you click on "Refine report" and then unclick on the Resolved/Done/Closed issues.   This will ensure that it will only take into account the unresolved issues.

I need exactly the same thing. Attalasian has two answers they will supply over an over

Neither do what you need/want. Your chart shows it perfectly, in case there is any confusion, here is the raw data needed.

Date - Total Active Bugs

Apr/1/14 - 25
Apr/2/14 - 22
Apr/3/14 - 19
Apr/4/14 - 14
Apr/5/14 - 26
Apr/6/14 - 20
Apr/7/14 - 15

Here is the feature request created 12/Mar/08, its been around 6 years with little activity...

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JCHART-194

I am also looking for the same.. How to we track the number of open bugs in JIRA? Please advise if any of you know how to do it ... Thank you Suren

I would love to see this feature as well. Currently I'm trying to show a "per user total issues by time" line chart? That means the same as your graphic, but every line should be a user instead of a project. Example: Day 1 (x axis) Tom has 3 issues (y axis, red line), Brendan 0 (y axis, blue line). Day 2 Tom has 1 issue (red), Brendan 1 (blue)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

588 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you