JIRA Chart with total number of open bugs over time?

I am looking for a way to chart number of unresolved JIRA issues over time.

It should display something like

That's the total number of open bugs, not bugs created during the specified period of time.

This should allow us to see if the number of open-bugs is growing over time.

9 answers

Have you tried Cumulative Flow Diagram?   This report seems to do a decent job of giving # of unresolved issues over time.  It's not perfect, since it gives extra detail about the state of the issues, but when you look at the chart over time, I believe it will do what most of folks here are looking for.   It won't give you a per user graphic, however.

Make sure that when use Cumulative Flow Diagram, you click on "Refine report" and then unclick on the Resolved/Done/Closed issues.   This will ensure that it will only take into account the unresolved issues.

I need exactly the same thing. Attalasian has two answers they will supply over an over

Neither do what you need/want. Your chart shows it perfectly, in case there is any confusion, here is the raw data needed.

Date - Total Active Bugs

Apr/1/14 - 25
Apr/2/14 - 22
Apr/3/14 - 19
Apr/4/14 - 14
Apr/5/14 - 26
Apr/6/14 - 20
Apr/7/14 - 15

Here is the feature request created 12/Mar/08, its been around 6 years with little activity...

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JCHART-194

I am also looking for the same.. How to we track the number of open bugs in JIRA? Please advise if any of you know how to do it ... Thank you Suren

I would love to see this feature as well. Currently I'm trying to show a "per user total issues by time" line chart? That means the same as your graphic, but every line should be a user instead of a project. Example: Day 1 (x axis) Tom has 3 issues (y axis, red line), Brendan 0 (y axis, blue line). Day 2 Tom has 1 issue (red), Brendan 1 (blue)

0 votes
Zoe Bell I'm New Here Jun 05, 2018

I also want this. Can I just say that it's insane that this useful ask has been a request since 2008 with no movement?

0 votes

I also want this and having a hard time with existing gadget to build a trend view. Jira folks - can you please groom your backlog

Yes, I need it as well. I'm amazed it's no way to do this basic task. Is it because it's not an accepted agile form of presentation. Or is it another software to buy to make diagrams. Available ones do not meet my expectations. (I recently started to work in Jira)

0 votes
Rich Heye I'm New Here Oct 10, 2018

Just piling on.  I'm also surprised that they haven't addressed the problem.  I'm also new to Jira and from my limited time using the tool, it's clear they don't care about their ux/ui.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

23,172 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you