JIRA CLI cannot get complete issue list

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

HI all (or especially Bob smile),

I am trying to use the JIRA CLI (Best tool ever created for both Confluence and JIRA!) to get a list of all attachments in JIRA.    To do this I am using getAttachments but I noticed that I need to do this per issue.  No problem, I'll just write a script, but to do that I need to get a complete set of Issues.  In looking at the commands https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/Examples # jira.sh --action getIssueList --filter "all" 

But when I run that command I get the following error: Remote error: Filter 'all' is not valid. with a return code of 253.  How do I either get a list of all issues or even better get a list of all attachments I have in JIRA?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

As a way around this, since JIRA has an easy to guess KEY system for the issues, I can use the following though a global dump of attachments would of been nicer:

count=1

for each project

while count < total-issue

jira.sh getAttachmentList --issue "Project-count"

count++

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2015
  1. Did you create an all filter and make sure it is accessible by the user running the action?
  2. Note you can use runFromIssueList to front end the getAttachmentList action using the append support to get a single csv without scripting.
  3. Use a filter to avoid the 1000 limit. Better to use the newer jql parameter on the get or run issue list (use the latest release for this).
0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

Also when I try to get the issues for just one project, it still doesn't let me as I get the following: # ./jira.sh --action getIssueList --project "it" Remote error: Could not retrieve issue list. Details: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteException: Error occurred during searching: 'You are not allowed to get a result set of more than 1000 results. Current search returns 3759 results'. Same return code.

Suggest an answer