JIRA BUG: Click on Project redirect to Open Issues

irene2 September 6, 2019

Hi,

Until yesteday, each time I clicked on the Project, I was able to access the Backlog.

Today, when I click on the project, I'm redirect to Open issues. Why? How to fix this?

The only thing I changed yesterday is the creation of a new filter (current sprint) to create a custom dashboard.

I already saw a similar open question with this bug written months ago by another user, not answered by JIRA. That's really unprofessional. Very disappointed.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

@irene2 , first I wanted to convey that the Community here is primarily comprised of users like yourself though there are also partners and Atlassian members chiming in at times. You may have already known this. Also, any time you feel there is clearly a bug you should reach out to Atlassian Support. However, before I direct you there I would like to understand more about your situation.

I assume you are on Cloud, is this the case? You can tell by looking at the URL if it is in the form of mycompany. atlassian.net then it is cloud. Atlassian indeed rolls out updates overnight frequently so something in the behaviors may have changed (planned or otherwise) in your instance. I am on cloud and the behavior I experience is that clicking on a Project will take me to the last screen I was viewing. So if I was looking at backlog and I come back to the project I see backlog, if open issues then I see open issues. Can you please try this and report back?

irene2 September 6, 2019

@Jack BrickeyYes, I'm on cloud. 

If I click on the project it goes systematically to the Open Issues instead of Backlog. And I have to explicitly click on "Go back to the project" to see the backlog.

This is happening for all users on our project.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

let's dig a bit deeper. When you say you click on the project, where exactly are you doing that?

Try this for me....

1. click on Jira icon in sidebar top left then Projects
  2. locate your project and click on the link
  3. note results (i suspect it will be Open issues)
  4. click on Backlog
  5. repeat steps 1 and 2
  6. note results - do you see open issues or do you see backlog

in my case I will see backlog since it was the last screen i viewed when previously on in the project. if i were to select say Reports and repeat the process I will see Reports.

If you are always getting Open Issues then I would direct you to Atlassian Support to get the official word on this.

irene2 September 6, 2019

Tried. Yes, it seems it comes back to the previous screen (trying that, it's Backlog). If the last page I see it's reports, then it's redirected to Reports when I click on the project.

Why coming back to the last viewed screen? At this point it's more practical to create a gadget in the dashboard that shows the last viewed pages and the user can choose it or not. 

If each time someone access the project is redirected to the last viewed screen, then it's just confusing.

Imagine a client that have access to JIRA to monitor a status of a project, without knowing much about JIRA (only the following steps: 1) login, 2) click on project, and 3) see the backlog/active sprint). Then he click once by mistake on Issues. Next time he access JIRA he is redirected to Issues and don't know what to do, and the first reaction is to complain because he thinks the JIRA admin changed something. And instead it seems JIRA works that way.

Suggest an answer