JIRA Add-ons information

Ilakiya Srinivasan June 10, 2021

I am doing prep work for our Jira upgrade from 6.x to 7.x before cloud/data center migration. I am confused about few plugins that are there. Could you please let me know if you know about the below plugins? Will these be needed to be installed in the latest version of server too? Or these are implemented as features in the latest version? Or these might not be needed if migrated to Cloud or DC?

Add-OnsPlugin Version
Atlassian-Atlassian Chaperone2.0.4
Atlassian-Atlassian Client Resource1.2.2
Atlassian-Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Healthcheck Plugin1.1.6
Atlassian-Atlassian Pocketknife API Commons Plugin0.21.0
Atlassian-Atlassian Timed Promise Plugin1.0.18
Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager - Plugin License Storage plugin 2.8
Atlassian-Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin2.20.5
Atlassian-Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Self-Update Plugin2.22.5
Atlassian-JIRA Agile6.7.16
Atlassian-JIRA Charting Plugin1.33
Atlassian-JIRA Drag and Drop Attachment Plugin3.2.7
Atlassian-JIRA iCalendar Plugin1.4.6
Atlassian-JIRA Subversion plugin2.1.2
Atlassian-JIRA Working Hours Plugin1.5.10
Atlassian-jira-email-processor-plugin1.0.38
Atlassian-Pocketknife Feature Flags Plugin0.5.1
Atlassian-querydsl-4.0.7-provider-plugin1.1
Atlassian-Service Desk Automation Modules Plugin1.0.23
Atlassian-Service Desk Automation Plugin1.0.23
Atlassian-Support Healthcheck Plugin2.0.6
Atlassian Support-Support Tools Plugin3.10.6

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

There are kind of two questions here.

There's the upgrade question first.  That's actually quite easy - for an upgrade, most (probably all) of this list of plugins is irrelevant.  When upgrading, you do not need to think about "system" plugins.  Check the list of "user installed" plugins instead - those are the ones you need to bring up to their latest version before upgrade, and then again after you've upgraded the core.  System plugins are handled by the core.

The second one is the move to Cloud.  The baseline here is forget apps - Cloud and Server are different software, and even when apps have the same name and function, from the same vendor, they're totally different.  Look at the functions your (user installed) apps add - you need to look at equivalents for Cloud.  (In many cases, a Cloud version of the app from the same vendor is likely to be the best option, but not always).  What I'm saying here is don't look at it from the app point of view, look at it from the functionality end.

Ilakiya Srinivasan June 10, 2021

Thanks, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for explaining it to me. For the other user-installed plugins apart from the listed ones above, I have already found the plugins with the baseline as functionality.

But, these listed plugins are categorized under user-installed plugins, I didn't include the system plugins in the list. So, I should be looking for the latest version or the functionality-oriented relative plugins for these?

Capture-addon.JPG

Like Przemysław Stępniak likes this

Suggest an answer