JIRA API : changelog for jql queries with "was-in-during" clause errors (500)

Nic October 12, 2017

I am usign the JIRA API and getting a 500. I have a query that includes

AND status was 'In Dev' during ('2017/10/10','2017/10/13')"

also specifying "expand=changelog" on the request

I get an HTTP 500 error

I remove "expand=changelog" and it's ok (but obviously not not return the changelog, which I want).

Is there an incompatibility between the "during" jql clause and "expand=changelog"?

Any help appreciated.

Nic.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

Are you using Jira Server or Jira Cloud?   I wasn't able to recreate this 500 error on my Jira Server 7.5.0 version, but I did notice that this REST request did put my server under a pretty significant load until it was completed.

However after some searching I came across this relatively new Jira Cloud bug, please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67458 for details.

It appears that the Cloud platform has recently implemented some changes on this endpoint in order to address performance problems.  There is more information on this in the KB Jira Cloud REST API limits the number of changelogs returned

There are notes there that for the time being you can instead use the  api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/changelog endpoint to get back those changelogs.   I realize this is not exactly the same as the search function doing this, but it looks like this is a known problem, so I would recommend watching that JRACLOUD ticket for further updates on this.

Nic October 13, 2017

Thanks for the quick answer.

I'm using a hosted JIRA (so I suppose that's cloud)

It may well be a performance issue. I might do an initial query to get the issues I want then get the changelog for each issue. I don't have a time contraint on my requirement, so this will do.

Suggest an answer