JIRA API call fails with General SSLEngine problem

Krishnamohan Rao March 20, 2023

Hi Team, 

I had a JIRA Java API client that is running in our application to fetch JIRA stories using HTTPS call. It was working fine till now. Suddenly it has started throwing "javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem"

There are no changes made to API client or certificate store. Please help 

1 answer

1 vote
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2023

If you're getting that from the API, there's probably something wrong with your SSL. Use an SSL analyzer tool to check what might be going on, but the complete stack should provide some indications of the problem.

Krishnamohan Rao March 21, 2023

Thank you for responding. I could see client certificate had expired in complete stack. I updated the same and now it works fine. 

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

Good, @Krishnamohan Rao you can accept the answer so it can help others in the community.

Suggest an answer