JIRA 5.2.11 date sort issue with blank dates

Carlos Reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

Dear Jira gurus,

Since we upgraded to JIRA 5.2.11 from v4.4.5 when sorting search results issues by date (ie: due dates) now place blank dates issues above and below of a pack of issues (The pack is well sorted though)

In the version 4.4.5 if I did a sort ascending to show me the issues that are due first, the issues with blank dates would be at the end of the list.

Like so:
Issue1 1/july
Issue2 5/July

IssueX blank
IssueY blank

If anything I can do as JIRA administrator so when sorting search results issues by due date then behaves as it used to do in v4.4.5 or I the only way is to upgrade to v6+?

Regards

Carlos

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

It is a bug:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33904

One of the projects has hidden due date so

Issues with Hidden Due Date grouped, Issues with Due Date value are grouped, and Issues with empty Due Date values are grouped

Hidden fields should be treated the same as fields with no values.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2013

Could it be that in version 4.4.5 the data field was left to a NULL value and in version 5.2.11 the date field is a blank "" value? That might explain the ordering wierdness.

You could check this by seeing if the one block of issues was created in your old jira and the other block in your new jira. Or you could check your database.

Carlos Reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the idea but I am afraid that in the blank dates results are mixed with some before the upgrade which are appearing above and below of the well sorted due dates pack in the middle.Thus, It must be something else

Regards

Carlos

Suggest an answer