JIRA 4 : grouping multiple projects into one large project automatically?

charleslcso October 8, 2012

Hello

I'm using JIRA 4.4.3, and am not sure if the following scenario is possible.

Say I have 20 projects, each with different number of issues, and some issues has sub-issues.

Is it possible to create a project, say Project X which will contain all issues/sub-issues created in the 20 projects, automatically, when new issues/sub-issues are created in them?

My aim is to view Project X, which will give me a broad overview (number of issues, timelines, etc) of all the issues/sub-issues in all the projects.

Hopefully there is no need to press any "action" button before issues will be added to Project X... they will be added automatically each time they are created.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

You will have to then sync every changes in the projects into project X as well. My suggestion is not to do that.

If you are looking for a highlievel view, you should create filters including all the projects you are interested in and use those filters to generate reports, gadgets in dashboard etc.

charleslcso October 8, 2012

Do I get to see the timelines too?!

Suggest an answer