JETI (jira email this issue): reply-to header in service desk notifications

Florian Reingräber April 11, 2017

Hi,

currently we are evaluating the AddOn Email this issue (JETI) to enhance the serverice desk and we have some issues with the reply-to header in the notifications:

We configured the email adress "atlassian@example.de" as the SMTP mail server in JIRA and the email adress "support@example.de" as IMAP server for incoming mails. The jeti mail handler uses the "support@example.de" mail server to process the incoming support mails and creates a new request in a specific service desk project. Also it succesfully sends notifications to request participants of an issue. The problem is that when a customer answers to one of the notification mails, the answer will be send to "atlassian@example.de" and therefore it is not added as a comment to the created request.

The normal service desk "mail to issue" function adds a reply-to header in notifications mails. I checked the documentation of JETI and it says (what I saw) that you have to change the project email adress to the email adress the mail handler is using. So I changed the project email adress but then no notifications will be send anymore. Would be great if someone has an idea how to fix that issue so the outgoing notifications will have an reply-to header with the email adress "support@example.de" if this is possible?

JIRA server version: 7.3.0

JIRA Service Desk server version: 3.3.0

JETI version: 7.1.0.6

email provider (for the email adresses mentioned above): office365

Kind regards,

Florian

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2017

Hi Florian, the plugin 'JIRA Email This Issue' was created by a third party developer, so you'll be more likely to receive an answer by contacting their support team directly.

Once you get a response, it would be awesome if you could share it here so other members from the Community can benefit from it as well :)

Cheers,

Ana

Florian Reingräber May 8, 2017

Hi Ana,

thank you for your answer. In the meantime I found out why it was not working: the one email I use for the smtp server had no rights to send emails in the name of the project email. 

After adding the permissions everything went fine!

Kind regards,
Florian

Like Sergey Karaev likes this
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2017

Hi Florian, I'm glad this is working for you now! And thank you for sharing your solution with us, hopefully it will also help other members from the Community :)

Have a nice day,

Ana

Suggest an answer