JETI - event for notification is not being picked up

Nancy Blackwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013

In my workflow I have a transition on a step of "Send Letter", it fires a "Send Generic Letter" event. I have JETI configured a Notification for the "Send Generic Letter" event to send to my email address with a template letter. I have tested the letter with my issue key and it sends fine, so there are no customfield errors or anything of that nature interfering. I have JETI context configured for my project and my issue type to use the JETI Notification.

In the issue, I click the "Send Letter" button. No letter is sent. I change my JIRA notification to send me a generic email on the Send Generic Letter event, and an email is sent - so know I know the event is firing correctly.

There is nothing in the logs to indicate an error. Other projects are sending letters on transitions, but they are transitions that move from one step to the next, not on itself so I don't know if that is the problem or not.

I am at a loss as to what else to try to make this work and it is critical for my project. We are running JIRA 5.1.4 and JETI 5.2.7.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 1, 2013

Hi Nancy,

It does not matter if a transition remains in the same step, the email should be sent.

The most likely causes could be:

- post function is not saved correctly, and recipients are not selected

- recipients cannot be resolved at the moment the post function is executed, e.g. the custom field of email addresses is empty in the issue, selected Project Roles are not associated any members in the project, etc

- you execute the transition, the recipients should be you and you have "My Changes: do not notify me" set in your profile, in this case JETI does not send your the email respecting your preference

Could any of these be the problem?

Regards,

Tibor

Andy Grace August 1, 2013

From my understanding Nancy is firing an Event on the transition and then trying to get a notification email sent on the event - this is a similar problem to the one I had but in Nancy's use case I think she can just switch to have a post transition email this issue and it should all just work (with the caveats you have pointed out!)

Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2019

Any chance you have additional troubleshooting steps a few years later Tibor?  We're currently seeing this, likely moving to an automation rule to fire the event within a few minutes of ticket creation since the workflow event is being picked up inconsistently.  Wondering if this is somehow an environmental issue w/ a data center installation, but seems difficult to troubleshoot.

0 votes
Andy Grace August 1, 2013

Hi Nancy

Not sure if you got this sorted - I have an issue on one environment where JETI won't send notification emails on events but works ok in another and we are yet to crack why - I have found Tibor to be very helpful in assisting to debug.

If I understand correctly what you are trying to do though you don't need a notification email, you can simply add the post transition JETI send email to your 'Send Letter' transition and this will work.

Cheers

Andy

Suggest an answer