JEMH multiple profiles with one catch email

Mihail November 29, 2017

Hello!

I'm trying to handle emails in different ways(with reopening closed tasks and creating new on closed) depending on sender address.

I have two JEMH profiles with equal catch email address, which are different in:
first : thread limit=none, blacklist containing emails for creating-new-issues-on-closed, blacklist action = ignore.
second : thread limit=open only, blacklist empty, blacklist action = drop

But now, if incoming email not in "for-creating-only" list, both profiles processing email and, as a result, I have two equal issues created.

The question is, can I somehow configure JEMH profile to prevent processing email by another profile. Sorry for broken english.

Jira 6.4.6 JEMH 1.7.2

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user November 30, 2017

Hi Mikhail,

Current versions of JEMH have a feature called Profile Groups which allows a group of individual profiles to be assigned to a single mail handler, JEMH will then loop around each profile in the group til an issue is either created or commented on successfully. This feature was implemented in JEMH 1.9.10, so it is not available in your current JEMH version.

It is not clear exactly what you are trying to accomplish based on the information in your question, this forum is not the best place for customer communication. Please create an issue via our JIRA instance in the support project, we can then try to understand your configuration goal: The Plugin People - JIRA

Please create an issue in JIRA explaining in detail exactly what you are trying to achieve, please also attach exports of your JEMH profile configuration so that we can see what you currently have configured.

It is worth noting that you are currently running a very old release of JEMH, 1.7.2 was released in early 2015 and there have been over 100 updates for JEMH since then, the current version of JEMH for JIRA 6.4 is 1.7.104, we advise upgrading if possible to receive the latest bugfixes and features. (Note that JIRA 6.4 is now end of life and therefore will only be receiving JEMH security fixes going forward).

Kind Regards,

Reece

Mihail November 30, 2017

I also know about Profile Groups, with it this configuation can be very easy, but Jira and JEMH versions cannot be changed.
Yes, I will browse pluginpeople.

Thank you for your quick reply, Reece!

Suggest an answer