JEMH - Unable to create issue because of Custom fields

TasneemB January 21, 2016

Hi

The default issue type for a project is "Unassigned". When sending an email, JEMH comes back with a "Forwarded Exception -The email did not result in a creation/comment/update. Check user creation config, email addresse mappings, project mappings and project level security."

When looking into the detail, there is mention of Custom fields not set, along with the custom field name. When in the profile, I put default values for the above-mentioned custom fields, then run a test case, an issue gets created perfectly, with the unassigned issue type.

The problem here, is that on manual Create Issue, selecting issue type of "Unassigned", the custom fields are not required.

Please advise why Custom field values are required even though the issue type is "Unassigned"

I have figured why the above is happening. just unsure about resolution.

Basically there are 2 screens defined. The one screen which has the custom fields included is marked as the "Default" in the screen scheme whereby all unmapped operations are going to use this screen. The second screen which does not have the custom fields is used as the screen scheme when "Create" is the issue operation.

In my profile, under "Email" my "Operating mode" is set to "Create and Comment". I also tried "Create only". This still uses the screen which needs the custom fields..

Any idea how to tell JEMH to use a the screen which does not have the custom fields please?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2016

If you have confirmed that you can manually create issues in your project with that issue type, without needing the custom field, then it should just be a matter of directing JEMH to create issues with that issue type, either with a default issue type, or by using a directive like "@issueType=Unassigned" at the start of the email body.

Suggest an answer