JAVA JIRA REST API HELP!!!

Alejandro Tovar Lanz April 9, 2013

Hi,

I am strugling to start using the java api. I am new to maven as well so this is what I have done so far. I have created a new project using this POM file:

https://maven.atlassian.com/content/repositories/atlassian-public/com/atlassian/jira/jira-rest-java-client/2.0.0-m2/jira-rest-java-client-2.0.0-m2.pom

However, when I am trying to run the application:

public static void main(String[] args) throws URISyntaxException {

final AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory factory = new AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory();

final URI jiraServerUri = new URI("myserver");

final JiraRestClient restClient = factory.createWithBasicHttpAuthentication(jiraServerUri, "myuser", "mypasswd");

try {

final Issue issue = restClient.getIssueClient().getIssue("TST-7").claim();

System.out.println(issue);

}

finally {

// cleanup the restClient

}

}

I am getting this error messages:

SLF4J: The requested version 1.5.8 by your slf4j binding is not compatible with [1.6]

SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#version_mismatch for further details.

Exception in thread "Main Thread" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/google/common/collect/ImmutableList.copyOf([Ljava/lang/Object;)Lcom/google/common/collect/ImmutableList;

I don't know were exactly to start since the documentation for this API is very limited. Any help I would really appreciate. I am using JIRA on Demand.

1 answer

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

For sure some dependencies are doing a transitive import of the slf4j dependency, and you get the oldest one, hence the error.

you need to run:

mvn dependency:tree

check who is importing slf4j (and what versions) and exclude the old ones

Alejandro Tovar Lanz April 10, 2013

Hi,

That would be inside my project right? How can I exclude the old ones?

Also, there is the followinf line

Exception in thread "Main Thread" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/google/common/collect/ImmutableList.copyOf([Ljava/lang/Object;)Lcom/google/common/collect/ImmutableList

Do you think is because again is using an old library???

Maven doesn't take care of this???

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2013

Ahh, I didn't see that one. There should be another incompatibility on google.commons.collections I suppose.

Suggest an answer