It is possible to auto-sync automatically a JIRA directory or LDAP directory ?

jmsantam February 17, 2013

It is possible to auto-sync automatically a JIRA directory or LDAP directory ?

I use a LDAP directory and a JIRA server directory to manage users from LDAP and JIRA both in JIRA and confluence .

Is there a way to automatice the Syncronization of users ?

with a script or configuration change in a file ?

I have sometimes to make it by hand :)

thanks a lot

3 answers

2 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Even if directory synchronization is set to run every 60 minutes, it may stop working for no obvious reason.

(I just found out that my JIRA didn't synch LDAP users for three weeks, despite being set to 60 minute intervals.)

1 vote
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

Hi Jose,

May I know which directory type you added to your JIRA instance? If you are using either the LDAP connector or Microsoft Active Directory, then supposedly JIRA will periodically synchronize the user directory automatically.

By default, the directory synchronization will run every 60 minutes. But you can configure this by editing the LDAP directory, expand the Advanced Settings section and look for the Synchronization Interval (minutes) configuration.

I hope that this will help!

Cheers.

jmsantam February 18, 2013

Yes I got it, I didnt see it xd.. :)

Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013

Great! Since this is the case Jose, can you kindly mark this question as answered?

Thanks!

Shinjani Gaur February 12, 2015

I am using Jira 6.3.1 and I don't see the option in Advanced Settings to synchronize. Is this option available some where else now?

0 votes
Shinjani Gaur February 12, 2015

I am using Jira 6.3.1 and I don't see the option in Advanced Settings to synchronize. Is this option available some where else now?

Deleted user March 5, 2018

Jira 7.3 - I am also not able to see if that is a direct checkbox in Advance Settings. But I see that   the value is being set like as folllows when I click on

- Additional configuration
Overview directory configuration

"directory.cache.synchronise.interval": "3600".

But somehow suddenly the Sync is not completing automatically, which was not the case earlier.

How can we troubleshoot what can be the Problem? The same LDAP Settings (Server) which is being used in TEST instance is synchronising it automatically in every 1 Hour.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Deleted user March 6, 2018

We had to reboot the Jira Server once and it worked for us. Now LDAP is synchronising automatically in every 1 Hour.

Suggest an answer